Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology (BBMB)
Students wishing to be considered for scholarships from the Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology (BBMB) should apply to this opportunity.
- Supplemental Questions
- The application deadline for scholarships from the Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology is April 1, 2020.
If you are currently a high school student enrolling at ISU in the fall, upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If you are a current ISU student, upload a a copy of your degree audit.
- If you are currently an ISU student, which of the following courses have you completed?
- Describe your interest and career goals in biochemistry, biophysics, or agricultural biochemistry. What aspects of this field appeal to you most? (250 word maximum)
- If you have an interest and aptitude for research in your field, provide a statement regarding this interest including details of any existing research or related coursework. Also describe any interest in a career in research. (500 word maximum)
- In what activities related to your major have you participated? If you are currently in high school, this might include science projects, competitions or clubs. If you are a current ISU student, this might include jobs, clubs, undergraduate research, learning communities, symposiums or seminars. (250 word maximum)
- Provide the names and email address of two teachers/faculty members who can provide a reference regarding your academic ability in biochemistry, chemistry, and mathematics. Current high school students should list at least one science teacher. Please speak with your reference regarding this request.
- All applicants must provide two references. If you wish to be considered for research awards, a letter from your research mentor must be submitted/included. Please speak with your reference regarding this request.
- Show 2 more