Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology (BBMB)
Students wishing to be considered for scholarships from the Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology (BBMB) should apply to this opportunity.
- Supplemental Questions
- The application deadline for scholarships from the Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology is April 1, 2019.
If you are currently a high school student enrolling at ISU in the fall, upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If you are a current ISU student, upload a a copy of your degree audit.
- If you are currently an ISU student, which of the following courses have you completed?
- Describe your interest and career goals in biochemistry, biophysics, or agricultural biochemistry. What aspects of this field appeal to you most? (250 word maximum)
- If you have an interest and aptitude for research in your field, provide a statement regarding this interest including details of any existing research or related coursework. Also describe any interest in a career in research. (500 word maximum)
- In what activities related to your major have you participated? If you are currently in high school, this might include science projects, competitions or clubs. If you are a current ISU student, this might include jobs, clubs, undergraduate research, learning communities, symposiums or seminars. (250 word maximum)
- Provide the names and email address of two teachers/faculty members who can provide a reference regarding your academic ability in biochemistry, chemistry, and mathematics. Current high school students should list at least one science teacher. Please speak with your reference regarding this request.
- All applicants must provide two references. If you wish to be considered for research awards, your second reference will need to be from your research mentor. Please speak with your reference regarding this request.
- Show 2 more