Department of World Languages and Cultures Scholarships
Scholarships for students with a major or minor in the Department of World Languages and Cultures.
- Supplemental Questions
- The application deadline for scholarships from the Department of World Languages and Cultures is February 15, 2019. For more information on WLC department scholarships, visit this site https://language.iastate.edu/scholarships/
What is your major, minor and/or program in WLC? (Select all that apply to you.)
- Please describe your aspirations in your major field of study. (250 word maximum)
- What foreign language activities do you participate in on campus? Elaborate on the level and frequency of your participation and your responsibilities.
- If you are a first generation college student, describe your experience, including challenges and benefits. (250 word maximum)
- If your background is considered rural, describe why. For example, what is the population of your hometown? What activities did you participate in that suggest a rural background?
- Have you completed at least one year of German at ISU?
- If you plan to study abroad, in which semester?
- If you plan to study abroad within the next year, indicate which program and briefly describe the experience in which you are planning to participate, your reasons for participating and how it relates to your major or career goals. (500 word maximum)
- If you are studying abroad, upload a screenshot showing your program and scholarship status in ISUAbroad or other proof of your program. Qualifying applicants who have committed to a program will be considered before those who have not yet committed to a study abroad program.
- Upload a copy of your degree audit or unofficial transcript.
- Provide the name and email address of an instructor or faculty member who can write a reference regarding your ability and commitment to study in your chosen area of study. Please speak to your reference about this request.
- Show 6 more