Maria and Dr. Michael Westfall Veterinary Medicine Leadership Scholarship
1. Recipients shall be enrolled in the College of Veterinary Medicine
2. Recipients shall demonstrate exemplary leadership skills as determined by the administering authority and as evidenced by their active participation in extracurricular activities which involves directing actions, holding office, chairing committees, and/or receipt of awards. Examples of extracurricular activities include involvement in recognized student organizations, professional organizations, or community service.
3. Recipients shall be graduates of an Iowa high school as permitted by Federal and State law and University policy.
4. Recipients shall be students from rural communities with “rural” being defined as communities with populations of less than 10,000 residents as determined by the administering authority.
5. Preference shall be given to students who have participated in Boy Scouts of America or Girl Scouts as determined by the administering authority.
This award shall be made available to students of VM1, VM2, VM3 and VM4 class standing.