Student Employee of the Year Nomination Form
The Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) award is designed to recognize the outstanding contributions and achievements of students who are working while attending Iowa State. Supervisors may nominate undergraduate hourly student employees who warrant particular recognition for their performance on the job. The SEOTY winner will then be submitted to the regional and national level. The deadline for submitting nominations is February 1, 2023.
In order to be eligible for consideration, hourly student employees must be undergraduate students and be currently enrolled for the Spring 2023 semester. Graduate Assistants and Teaching Assistants are ineligible for Student Employee of the Year. Nominees are NOT restricted to students employed through the Federal Work-Study Program.
Students will be evaluated in these 5 categories: Community Service, Diversity & Inclusion, Leadership, Technology & Innovation, and Critical Thinking. Nominations must be submitted through OneApp in a letter format, limited to two pages.
1. Complete all questions marked with an asterisk (*).
2. Submit only one application per candidate; although each nomination can have multiple nominators, please combine your comments.
3. You may nominate more than one student for this award by completing a separate nomination form for each individual student, but each NetID can be used only once. Consider partnering with someone to nominate so you can submit multiple students.
4. You can edit/submit your nomination up until 11:59 PM on February 1, 2023.
5. Please note: additional materials will not be considered.
Tip: We recommend completing the nomination in a separate document and then transferring it into OneApp as you cannot save your progress and return later. This submission must take place in one sitting.
Student Employee of the Year Nominee Criteria
The information you provide may be shared with the public through press releases, ceremony recognition and other promotional opportunities.