International Students and Scholars--General Application
Every semester, ISSO awards scholarships to degree-seeking students who have documented financial need. ISSO awards multiple scholarships from a variety of funding sources. A significant portion of the scholarship funds come from the International Student Tuition.
- Applicants must have a valid immigration status and have been enrolled at ISU in a current degree-seeking program level for the Spring 2022 and Fall 2021 semesters.
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need. While your academic pursuits, research, and merit are very important, please focus on explaining your financial need.
- Applicants must meet all additional criteria listed under each scholarship.
ALL scholarships require a letter from the candidate explaining their financial need, and how the scholarship award will be used (500 word max.) Some scholarships require an additional letter to address individual scholarship criteria (500 word max.)
- Students participating in Post-Completion OPT/STEM OPT/Post-Completion Academic Training are not eligible.
- Preference will be given to students who did NOT receive a scholarship from the ISSO in the previous semester.
- Answer all required questions.
- The deadline to submit the scholarship application and all other supporting documents is Sunday, October 9th, 2022 at 11:59PM
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Fall 2022 ISSO scholarship applicants will be notified of the results of their application during the Fall semester.
- Selected recipients will be asked to write a thank you letter to the donors.
- For undergraduate questions, please e-mail David Sappenfield (email@example.com).
- For graduate questions, please e-mail Katherine Worley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Supplemental Questions
- The International Students and Scholars Office will use information from the import data and the general application as well as the questions below to assist in the scholarship selection process.
Would you like to be considered for scholarships administered by the International Students and Scholars Office?
- Have you maintained your immigration status at ISU in your current degree-seeking program level during the past two semesters (excluding summer)?
- What is your current immigration status?
- Basic Information
Did you receive an ISSO scholarship the previous semester (excluding summer)?
- Number of dependents that are currently in the U.S. (spouse, children, and/or legal dependents only)
- Employment Information
For the current semester, I am authorized for the following off-campus work authorization (if applicable):
- Resources for the Current Semester (Provide all amounts in U.S. Dollars)
What is your total in cash or savings?
- Do you receive any money from your parent(s)/family/sponsor?
- What amount is expected from person(s) or organization(s) supporting you financially for the current semester? (As discussed above)
- What are your anticipated earnings for the current semester? (Include any jobs, internships, and assistantship stipends)
- If applicable, what is the expected income of your spouse?
- What amount will you receive from student loans for the current semester?
- Will you receive any grants or scholarships this semester (including assistantship tuition scholarship--not stipend)?
- Other resources (provide source and amount, if any)
- Total resources (add all resource amounts listed above)
- Academic Costs for the Current Semester (Calculate costs for the entire semester in U.S. Dollars)
Tuition and Fees
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Books and School Supplies
- Monthly Expenses (Provide all amounts in U.S. Dollars)
Rent per month
- Food costs per month
- Utilities/phone per month
- Clothing costs per month
- Medical expenses (not covered by insurance) per month
- Car expenses per month
- Local transportation per month
- Personal expenses (laundry, toiletries, etc.) per month
- Other monthly expenses (provide source and amount, if any)
- Total monthly expenses (calculate all monthly expenses listed above)
Applicants are required to provide a letter describing their financial need and how the scholarship award would be used.
- If you are an undergraduate student that would like to apply for the Kennedy-Nehru Memorial Scholarship for the Promotion of International Understanding, please submit a short essay demonstrating your promotion to international understanding at Iowa State
- If you would like to apply for the Paik Kee Kim Memorial Scholarship, please submit a short essay describing the purpose of your education. (Eligible to full-time Korean students or students of Korean ancestry)
- Confirmation of Information
ISSO reserves the right to check the information on this form. Knowingly and willingly falsifying or concealing a material fact or using any false documentation in the submission of this may result in ineligibility for this ISSO scholarship.
- Show 27 more