Design United Award
The Design United Award was established to honor and celebrate the work of College of Design students that contributes to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice withing the college, university, and their field of study.
- Recipients shall be enrolled in the College of Design.
- This award shall be made available to students of sophomore, junior, senior or graduate class standing.
- Recipients shall contribute to student body diversity. In evaluating student body diversity, preference will be given to students who are underrepresented in the University or in the applicable major or program at the time of award, as determined by the administering authority and as permitted by Federal and State law and University policy.
- Recipients shall be in good academic standing as determined by the administering authority. Preference shall be given to students who have overcome obstacles such as socioeconomic or educational disadvantage or are first-generation college students as determined by the administering authority.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A personal statement detailing your personal experience navigating college and how you intend to contribute to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice through your while enrolled in the College of Design (design work, student leadership, etc.). 750 word maximum.
- Letter of support from a faculty, staff, or professional mentor who can speak to your contributions.
- 1–3-pages of examples of your work which aligns with the purpose of the award.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a staff or faculty member.