Bergstrom Achievement Scholarships
1. Recipients shall be enrolled in the Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business.
2. Recipients shall be Iowa residents as permitted by Federal and State law and University policy.
3. Initial recipients shall have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Incoming freshman recipients shall have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Transfer students shall have a minimum cumulative transfer grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Recipients shall demonstrate leadership skills as determined by the administering authority and as evidenced by participation in extracurricular activities, involvement in professional organizations or community services as determined by the administering authority.
5. Scholarships shall be awarded as follows:
a. Each year at least two (2) recipients meeting the above stated criteria shall be graduates of Des Moines East High School (or future named school serving this community).
b. Each year there shall be two (2) recipients meeting the above stated criteria who are military veterans or are active in the National Guard. If there are no eligible recipients from Iowa the scholarship may be awarded to a student active in the Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, or Wisconsin National Guard.
c. Each year there shall be two (2) recipients meeting the above stated criteria (A. 1-4).
d. If there are not enough eligible recipients to meet the minimum number of recipients from 5.a and 5.b above, scholarships shall be awarded to students who meet all other stated criteria (A. 1-4).
This award shall be made available to students of undergraduate class standing. Annually one (1) award shall be made to an incoming freshman student from Des Moines East High School, while preference is for all other recipients to be students of sophomore, junior or senior class standing.
Administration: The Donor would like the scholarships to be equal to two-thirds (2/3) of in-state tuition annually as permitted by available funding. If a recipient does not meet the scholarship criteria for renewal, those funds will be awarded to another student who meets the above stated criteria.
The Donor wishes to interact with Bergstrom Achievement Scholars when they return to visit Iowa State. The Donor also requests that the Foundation provide a financial spending report to the Donor annually and that the Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business provide a report detailing the success of the recipients each semester (Bergstrom Achievement Scholars Impact Report) (“Attachment #1”). The Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business will follow the attached Bergstrom Achievement Scholars Marketing and Recruiting Plan (“Attachment #2”). This marketing and recruiting plan may be revised over time to represent the changing needs and strategies of the Bergstrom Achievement Scholars program as well as the Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business.