Animal Science Scholarships--General
Recipients must be majoring in animal science to be considered for departmental scholarships.
- Supplemental Questions
- Who is your ISU academic adviser? If you are new to ISU, and do not know your adviser yet, you may indicate "N/A."
- How many college credits will you earn in the upcoming spring and summer semesters, regardless of where you earn them.
- Do you have a demonstrated interest in pursuing an advanced degree in Swine Production and/or Swine Genetics?
- If you answered yes to the above question, please explain your involvement.
- Provide a summary of your projected career path in applied meat processing or closely allied industry.
- Provide a paragraph detailing your livestock industry experience.
- Career Interests and Plans
Choose from the list those key words that best overall describe your career interests.
- If your career interest was not listed above, please indicate it here.
- Do you plan to work toward a MS, PhD, MBA or other advanced/graduate degree?
- Please complete the following phrase. "Upon graduation, I plan to..."
- Ag Leadership, Extracurricular Activities
List up to 10 distinct (meaning individually defined and not a list in itself) items that best depict your involvement in agriculture related activities. Be sure to include any that depict your agriculture related leadership experiences, noting that not all significant leadership experiences come with a traditional leadership title (e.g. chair or president, etc.) Provide your choices in a list, numbering each item in succession.
- Non-Ag Leadership, Extracurricular Activities
List up to 10 distinct (meaning individually defined and not a list in itself) items that best depict your involvement in any activities that are not directly agriculture related. Be sure to incude any that depict your related leadership experiences, noting that not all significant leadership experiences come with a traditional leadership title (e.g. chair or president, etc.) Provide your choices in a list, numbering each item in succession.
- Special Interests
In what species of animal(s) do your background and experiences demonstrate the most interest? Some awards require demonstration of interest in certain species. Choose your top two here in the order of preference.
- Explain why you indicated these species of interest. In some awards, breed preferences are indicated, so be sure to note any interests with regard to breeds to in your experiences as well.
- International Travel Information
If you plan to travel internationally, explain your travel plans and budget.
To be considered for some awards through the Animal Science Department, you must provide a summary of your experiences related to the field of animal science. (Please note that you may be asked to provide a work related reference at a later date.)
- Additional Considerations
Please denote any additional information you wish for the committee to consider in their deliberations. (Optional)
- Show 12 more