Jon and Roxanne Isenhart Scholarship (Secondary Education)
Recipients shall be: Undergraduate students majoring in chemistry, physics or biology and pursuing secondary education certification with the intent to teach. Recipients shall have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Recipients shall have demonstrated financial need. Preference shall be given to students pursuing a teaching career in chemistry at the high school level. All awards shall be for one (1) year and may be renewed at the discretion of the administering authority so long as recipients continue to meet the above stated criteria. This award shall be made available to undergraduate students who have achieved a minimum of junior class standing.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been admitted to the Educator Preparation Program?
- Provide an autobiographical essay answering the following:
1. What experiences have you had that prompted you to pursue a career in teaching?
2. What do you hope to contribute as a professional educator?
3. What do you personally hope to gain in your career as an educator?
4. In what ways do you see yourself becoming an educator committed to excellence in teaching, and to model citizenship/leadership in your profession, school, and community?