Music Scholarships: Percussion
Students wishing to be considered for music scholarships for percussionists from the Department of Music and Theatre must apply to this scholarship opportunity.
- Supplemental Questions
- The Priority deadline for incoming students to apply for music scholarships is February 12, 2021. If you wish to enter ISU with a music major for Fall 2021, you must complete your application for admission to ISU and this application.
If you want to be considered for a music scholarship for percussionists, how long have you studied percussion?
- If you play an additional instrument, which one(s)?
- How long have you played the instrument(s) listed above?
- What is the name of your private teacher for your primary instrument/voice?
- What are your interests and objectives in music? If you would like to major in music, describe why.
- Do you have an interest in vocal performance?
- Describe your piano experience.
- Upload your music resume.
- List the technical studies, etudes, and methods completed or in progress.
- What is your solo repertoire, learned or in progress?
- What other music study have you completed and how long studied? (i.e. theory, appreciation, history)
- First Reference: Provide the name and email address of a teacher or faculty member who can write a professional reference regarding your talent and commitment to study in your chosen area of music. Please discuss this with your reference provider so that they check all email folders for more information.
- Second Reference: Provide the name and email address of a teacher or faculty member who can write a professional reference regarding your talent and commitment to study in your chosen area of music. Please discuss this with your reference provider so that they check all email folders for more information.
- Please provide a YouTube link for a video recording no more than 12 minutes in length with the following guidelines:
Percussion audition - Concert snare drum solo/etude, Mallet Keyboard Solo (preferably four mallet marimba), Timpani solo/etude, Optional: You may also include materials from the following areas: Rudimental Style snare solo/etude Drum Set (variety of styles - jazz, latin, funk, rock)
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-3831
- If needed to complete the 12 minute audition, you may add a second video here. (Note: this is not required.)
- Upload a PDF of a copy of your audition music. (Do not use special characters or spaces when naming this document.)
- If you have an additional document to upload, you may do so here.
- Show 12 more